Dear Dental Health Concepts Family,
The Covid-19 virus necessitated an office closure of three months, during which we suspended our normal care for you, our patients.
Throughout the over 60 year history of Dental Health Concepts, we have thankfully never faced such a situation before. We have been extraordinarily fortunate in making so many strong and lasting relationships and have greatly missed seeing all of you.
While our closure of the office was done in the best interest of the health and well-being of you, our staff and the community, we were also eager to reopen the office, closely monitoring guidelines from the Governor and the Mass Dental Society.
In accordance with phase 2 guidelines from Governor Baker, we expanded treatment to include elective dental procedures effective Monday, June 8, 2020, and hygiene appointments (dental cleanings) beginning Monday, June 15, 2020.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate our path, as the safety of our patients and staff has been, and will always be, our top priority. We are all pleased to resume our roles as members of your healthcare team. There are some changes in how we deliver your care, but our commitment to you will remain a constant.
Our existing infection control systems have continually met and exceeded the guidelines set by the CDC, OSHA and the ADA. In response to new recommendations, we have enhanced these systems to ensure your safety to the utmost degree. Among other safety protocol changes, we have installed top of the line HVAC filtration units with UV light, tempered glass contact barriers where appropriate, and high-level personal protective equipment to prevent transmission.
The new protocol for visiting our office for all appointments will be as follows:
- If you have a cell phone on file, you will receive a confirmation text on the day of your appointment. If you do not have a cell phone on file or cannot receive text messages, we will call you directly on the day of your appointment to give you proper instructions.
- When you arrive at our office, please respond to the text from your car and we will direct you in. Please wear a mask upon entering the building.
- You will be greeted by a team member who will take your temperature with a touchless infrared thermometer. If your temperature is over 99.6 degrees, we will not be able to take care of your dental needs on that day.
- You will be asked several questions consistent with guidelines for COVID-19 screening.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and you will be asked to disinfect your hands with it.
- Appointments will be managed to be consistent with social distancing guidelines. Please make an effort to be on time for your appointment. We appreciate your patience as we bring patients into the office in a careful and safe manner.
- Our reception area has been reconfigured to minimize contact and adhere to the six foot social distancing guidelines.
- Accompanying relatives or caregivers will need to remain in their cars once the patient is safely into the office.
Even as we crave a return to normalcy, we also must recognize that our new reality will look different, initially at least. Although there is some uncertainty as to how long this new protocol will last, we feel it is necessary to provide the best and safest care to you, our family. This is not just our office, it’s your office.
Our staff members will also be monitored closely, with temperature and health checks daily.
While we have acclimated to these new stringent procedures, as you know, the situation is fluid. If there are any changes, we will notify you as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon and are always happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep our patient family, as well as our dental team family, safe. As always, we truly value your trust and loyalty.
With gratitude and appreciation,
The Doctors and Team Members of Dental Health Concepts